Guest: Colton Lukey, Real Estate Investor & World Traveller
This week’s podcast guest is Colton Lukey, 28-year-old real estate investor and world traveller.
Colton speaks about the importance of working with a good mortgage broker and having the right power team. A good real estate agent that is investor-focused is essential! Developing a specialty in rental properties is the key to your success. Colton also emphasized networking with like-minded individuals to build the right mindset and for growth.
He also shared a great tip with is to build a presence in the neighborhood you like to get off-market properties. Investing in a solid JV agreement is also a topic that was addressed.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Began at 24 in 2016 in the Niagara region
- How discipline and frugality helped him out
- Holding 3 jobs at once to accumulate down payments
- Started with a bungalow conversion
- Now does JVs and international land development
- The importance of refinancing for success
- Become an expert in the neighborhood for off-market
Get in touch with Colton:
This episode has been brought to you in part by;
Dalia Barsoum at Streetwise Mortgages
Jon Tenbrinke of Blackjack Contracting Inc.
Susan Corcoran & Sue Ore of Complete Properties Inc.