Guest: Arun Thakur
This week’s podcast guest is Arun Thakur, real estate investor.
Arun and his wife came to Canada from the US in 2015. They wanted to invest in real estate but we’re unsure how to go about it. Started out with wholesale deals and hired a coach (Sarah) to get going. He started out with a 5 plex. Arun was looking for financial and time freedom and he chose real estate as the vehicle. It all began with a wholesale deal that ended up not working out. It was a challenge and a setback, however, it gave Arun the drive and persistence to keep going and become successful.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- The importance of hiring a coach
- How to get started
- Making it work with a family
- Taking action – don’t just dream about it!
- Getting your spouse on board with your projects
- Finding deals and navigating the ups and downs
- REI is work, treat it like a business
This episode has been brought to you in part by;
Dalia Barsoum at Streetwise Mortgages
Jon Tenbrinke of Blackjack Contracting Inc.
Susan Corcoran & Sue Ore of Complete Properties Inc.