Guest: Meghan Chomut, CFP, and Real Estate Investor
This week’s podcast guest is Meghan Chomut. Meghan discussed the fact that setting up a solid financial foundation is the key to successful investments. Every decision you make has tax implications that must be considered and analyzed carefully. Real estate investing is great but it can also be a big challenge for those that already have financial issues. Goals need to change and be adjusted frequently. She advises people to be picky and to focus on what they want to achieve and the type of property they want to buy. Don’t get caught in the shiny penny syndrome!
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Choosing the right products to protect your investments
- Unbiased financial planning advice
- Hidden fees in investment products
- News vs. reality of investing in real estate
- Do you really need it?
- Pay for quality rather than just convenience
- Rental properties will not fix your finances…